Essex County Superior Court Juror Call Off Information: Reporting Information
Listed below are procedures to make your experience as comfortable and convenient as possible. Please read carefully. If you have any questions, call 973-776-9300 EXT. 56887.
JUROR QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Essex County residency
- US citizenship
- Age 18 or older
- Be able to perform the functions of a juror
- Not have been convicted of an indictable offense
- Be able to read and understand English
Sheriff personnel screen all persons, including jurors, when entering the court complex. To expedite this process, please observe the following:
- Wear your JUROR badge at all times;
- Be prepared to remove all metal objects including keys, coins, cell phones, cigarette packs, foil wrappers and large buckles.
- If the metal detector activates as you pass through, you will be screened with a hand-held metal detector.
- Purses and other carried items such as brief cases and backpacks will be x-rayed.
- Leave pocketknives, scissors, pepper spray, glass bottles and containers etc. at home or in your vehicle. All potential weapons will be confiscated.